EASTSIDE TIMBERS PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Eastside Timbers considers conduct by parents and spectators to be supportive and positive at all times. The following Code of Conduct for parents emphasizes the key areas that all parents and spectators are expected to abide by during all Eastside games and events.
- I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in Recreational Soccer by following this Parents’ Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment, and I will immediately remove my child from any situation that I find to be unsafe or unhealthy.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all (no coaching from the sidelines).
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
- I understand the Eastside Two Adult Rule (abuse protection for both players and coaches) and at no time should a coach, parent, and other participating adult (board member) be completely alone with a player, outside of his or her own child, without the presence of another adult.
- I will make all non club members I invite to Eastside games aware of these codes of conduct and assume responsibility for their behavior.
- I hereby agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and further agree to accept the Eastside Board of Directors decision regarding any disciplinary action they deem necessary if I should fail to abide by this Code.
- I further understand that possible disciplinary action could include temporary suspension or permanent expulsion from Eastside.